September 29, 2009 in Uncategorized
September 28, 2009 in Uncategorized
Last week we got a meeting invite, setup for Today, from our MD himself – not his PA. It was a compulsory meeting attendance for ALL employees. Office talk since then was a prediction of retrenchments.
Now let me tell you my history with my company:
– I joined in 2007 as a Jnr Software Developer. We were a 30 man I.T company back then. I left a Consulting position for this in-house position. We call this Company Version 1
– In 2008 we were bought out by an ICT group. We call this Company Version 2. After this merge, our MD resigned & 20 Company Version 1 ppl resigned. So a whole new set of bosses, new culture, relocation etc. I moved from Development into Business Analysis – completing my Diploma. I have been a BA for bt 18 months now.
– In 2009, we merged with another company within the group. We call this Company Version 3. Yet again, a new director, a new structure, a new culture, relocation etc BUT also new opportunities as a BA.
– AND TODAY: We are a 99 man company – ‘restructuring (as is termed by our company)’ to 51 from 1 Nov. 3 Directors are also expected to be retrenched. Apparently everyone must apply for the current 51 positions & we will also be given a list of vacancies in other companies within the group. I think the Directors will get placed else where in the Group and possibly Managers & seniors, but us we’re most probbaly on our way out, since there’s aonly 1 BA position to apply for and that’s a senior position that I don’t think I am suitable for, & even if I was do I WANT to be here with a company that’s also going though a trial & error period with what their goal & vision. Cos last month we were informed of a change in our Business Model & Business structure etc.
3.5 months pregnant – where do I go? What do I do? Is it even possible to find a job whilst pregnant? &&& I wanted 6 months maternity leave next yr… Pray for me PLZ.
September 23, 2009 in Uncategorized
Just an update on some preggie progress & woes
I am a bit disappointed that I did not know that I should be applying a stretch mark cream from as early on as possible in my pregnancy. I only bought Happy Event & Bio oil yesterday & read that I should have started a while ago. Thus far I assumed that I should only start applying something when I started growing :(. My mum says she mentioned it to me & assumed I was doing so already. Well well, just hope it’s not a trainsmash. I do seem prone to stretch marks & I have on my hip & thigh already from my teens, but nothing too drastic.
I have severe tailbone & hip pain. This has been nagging me for a while now but I didn’t pay too much attention to it. Now it seems to be getting more drastic. Sitting for more than 30mins & driving is difficult. Even bending, sitting down and standing up movements is followed by a severe spasm. I did some online reasearch & realise now that it is a symptom that can get quite challenging to cope with. I plan on seeing a Chiro asap. Anyone else experience this & have some advice to offer? Online stories are a bit freaky – broken tailbones in pregnancy & labour o_0. Chiro is apparently safe in pregnancy but I am a bit skeptical bt lower back manipulation, & if it’s softer manipulation I wonder how effective it will be.
I plan on getting back to gym next week, but will have to start off slow since its been a while cos of Ramadaan. Looking forward to feeling a bit more active, especially now that the first tri-m exhaustion seems to be lifting.
I’m looking 4wd to the day off tomorrow. Friday is back to work for me. My mum & 2 sisters are coming to Jhb tonight for a few days. It’s mum b-day tomorrow & we’re having a braai. I am especially looking 4wd to the w-end with them, which will probably be spent shopping, since sis is getting married in 2.5 months. I need to decide what I am wearing – buying / sewing etc. I am not too sure how to plan, since for now I have just popped a lil tummy roll & have no clue how I will grow by the wedding. All I know is simplicity will not do. I need to be heavily beaded, colourful & accessorised as the sis of the bride – in true cultural fashion & there’s 3 functions o_0.
To everyone – enjoy Braai day. I know I will
September 22, 2009 in Uncategorized
Ramadaan is over – 25 out of 29 fasts for me. Spock is healthy & ALL blood tests came back clear and strong
Flite down to Dbn was a bit rough – Nausea & dizziness but I think that was also more to do with a rushed airport iftar meal. Got to Dbn & our main luggage bag didn’t come with – it went to CT. We only got it on Saturday afternoon. Was a wee bit stressed cos had Eid clothes & gifts in it. Also, Friday night had a asthma/wheezing attack which is nto chronic but has been something that affetcs me since childhood. It was quite bad after many years & was a huge scare to hubby & I. My dad is a chronic asthmatist so we rushed over to my parents from my inlaws house @ 11:30pm to use Dad’s nebuliser. Seems to have subsided substantially since, but I’m still feeling a bit of tightness in my chest since then. Hope it subsides. I’m not to keen to go on a course of steroids.
Saturday, DH & I had a beach iftar which was spozd to be a romantic eve for 2 – but I think da stress of Fridays events – ruff flite for me, misplaced luggage & asthma attack took it’s toll on him & it was more a like quick date for 1. DH was miserable with a headache, barely ate & we rushed to my parents home where he medicated himself and slept for a good few hours.
The moon was sighted on Sat nite :D, thus Eid was Sunday. Eid was really good.
Monday was AWESOME – our BEACH day :). Was really a bonding day with MY MAN. However, we really wanted to try & focus on just being US & not think bt us as Mom & Dad to be – & that was a mission LoL. Baby talk & dreams just took priority & we realised that we already feel ike parents & that’s the struggle that most people talk about – your kids just taking over your life…& best of all, we didn’t mind. It felt so natural & acceptable as we discussed dreaming of our kids playing in the sand & wading through the rocks etc. How do couples take time out from their kids & focus on their relationship only? Is it possible 100%, ever? I really dont think so. It’s never the same again I guess, no matter howmuch you try – kid’s are the greater force that dominate your life & u gotta just learn to love it
Flite back home was uneventful. I had a bit of turbulence fright, but it wasn’t too bad.
So, DBN was just gr8 – DH & I spent ALL our time together :D. We normally get split btwn our families, but this time we didn’t allow that :D. Was so gr8.
September 18, 2009 in Uncategorized
Hiya 1 & all
This is a quickie…in da midst of a million things & I should not b here as I can’t log off once I start lol
- Just been feeling bit run down physically & mostly mentally, like brain dead.
- Backache is getting aggressive – but I hear it’s only the beginning.
- My scan went well -all good news
- Spock is not only healthy, but also GORGEOUS, & that’s totally an unbiased opinion – REALLY!
- Managed this week of fasting :). End of today will be 25 out oof 28 in total.
- Was forced to be productive @ work, cos the pressure was on, & my slacking was noticeable to the bosses & I
- Got hubby’s Eid gift: a perfume he wanted
- Almost packed for Dbn 2nite…YAY!
- DBN 2nite-woohoo :). Only seeing my family 2moro tho :(. Goin 2 inlaws 2nite.
- Nandos 4 Iftar, @ the Airport
- Eid is Sunday OR Monday – most prob Sunday. Hoping the Capetonians spot the moon tomorrow.
- Eid Pressies – YAY! Got early gifts from my family: some stunning lounge accessories thats been a bit tuff 4 us to buy – a set of canvas painting frames & a mosaic platter for the coffee table – exactly what we wanted :). From hubby’s side we normally get cash.
- If Eids Sunday, then Monday I’m still in Dbn & DH & I r goin 2 our dating hangout for the day- Ballito Beach :D. Our secret rendezvous since our relationship was ‘banned’. A story for another day. Cannot wait 2 go back. A perfect place to celebrate where we’re at in our lives 10 yrs on :D. Hope it’s all warm & sunny.
OK, my time here is up…Catch u all on the flip side. Have a gr8 w-end! To all those celebrating Eid;
September 17, 2009 in Uncategorized
Funny or evil … u decide
In the last month DH has been getting pregnancy symptoms that seem to have missed me: like for the last 3 weeks I have been massaging his back o_0 & this week his back got so bad he was off work on sick leave for 3 days. Last night, he was EXTREMELY nauseous and had severe tummy cramps & reflux o_0 & I was medicating him & comforting him…makes me forgot all about my nagging backache this week. Looks like I’ve gotta just rely on my back to gym plan & Aqua to relieve my symptoms & keep myself strong enough to nurse my man that feels my pain – just more intensified
September 16, 2009 in Uncategorized
So my beautiful lil Baby Bear & I have OUR SONG:
Wise men say only fools rush in
But I cant help falling in love with u
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
somethings are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can’t help falling in luv with u
Yesterday’s Gynae appointment went fantabulously :). Spock was not as active as the last scan but he was a good sport none the less. My concern was if Spock should be asleep, but he was relaxing – lounging style pose
My Weigh in: 49.3 (-1.5kg)
Baby’s heart: 154
Views: Head, Hands with fingers, legs and ankles, stomach, Bladder, 4 chambers of the heart, 2 halves of the brain, nose bone, cheek bone
Baby’s Length: 12cm excl. the legs
Weight: 75g – apparently this is considered BIG for Spocks age
Predicted Birth Weight @ full term: 3.5kg
Downs Scan: All clear :)…doc & I had 2 press my tummy quite a bit to move Spock around so as to get the neck fold thickness measured. The pressing is clearly captured on the DVD, & made me very aware of the effect of sleeping on my tummy which I will now try & avoid, cos it does shove the baby around a bit. I’m so sure I witnessed a lil frown from Spock when we did this. Sorry BabyLuv… I wonder if he excercised those vocal cords with some squeals as well?
All measurements reflect Gestational age of 14wks + :). Impressive esp considering my weight loss & 21 fasts.
Doc also ordered 10 blood test o_O, 8 jumbo vials to get an indication of the impact of fasting on my body. I think he went a bit overboard for his own reasearch as well, as he mentioned to us he’s not sure what to check for in Fasting Preg ladies. I wasn’t impressed that this was @ my cost, but DH pointed out it is more indicative of my body right now which can only benefit us & could help other woman in the future. I HATE needles & I am a basket case when it comes to blood tests, injections etc. I find ppl inconsiderate when they comment on what will I do when I have a baby? Well I dunno…I’ll c then, but heck it doesn’t tuffen me up from now. I still had bats on steroid in my tummy & knocking knees :(.
There’s no pic from yesterdays scan. I’m not sure why. I have just a 14min DVD which I assume is the substitute. Do you normally get both? I didn’t ask the doc.
So well, we have 4 mor fasts 2 go, in 2 more sleeps I’ll b in Dbn with my family prepping 4 Eid :D. They’re more excited bt Spocks DVD than seeing us LoL … Spock the Super Star stealing all the attention first time in my life I don’t mind sharing
+++ I am so proud of DH who has been reading a religious book on Parenting that I bought for him :D. It’s a great sense of comfort to know we’re trying to align our ideas.
Next appointment: 20 October & I’m already impatient
September 14, 2009 in Uncategorized
So awesome to reach my 2nd tri-m without any problems thus far … GOD IS GREAT! & I have had a decent sleep the last 2 nights – unaided
23 fasts 2day – I missed 3 thus far. We going strong & doing really well.
I’m counting down to 2moro 3pm for my 14 wk scan…CANNOT wait to see my Spock again. The first time around we were treated to an awesome, unforgettable dance routine & now there’s a definite Encore from us – with great expectation lol. Let’s hope Spock is upto it.
Baby’s 14 week Development:
- The chin, nose and forehead are more defined now, giving the baby a much more human look. Hmm, won’t b called Spock for much longer
- As the baby’s facial muscles attach themselves, the baby is able to smile, frown and wrinkle its brow. Aww Cute. Wonder if Spock has my dimples?
- Reflexes are now beginning to operate. Touch the baby’s feet and her toes will curl down, touch her palms and her fingers will close.
- Baby’s neck is longer now and its chin is no longer resting on his chest.
- Though your little one is still only about 12cm long and weighs no more than a slice of cheese (45g) it has its own distinct fingerprints. WOW – Amazing!
Catch up with your’ll tomorrow – armed with another fascinating tale on Spock.
IMPATIENT!………………………y does time slow down when u need it to fly???
September 10, 2009 in Uncategorized
WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING
A message every adult should read because children
are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw you hang my
first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately
wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw you feed a
stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw you make my
favourite cake for me, and I learned that the little
things can be the special things in life.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I heard you say a
prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always
talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw you make a
meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
learned that we all have to help take care of each
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you give of
your time and money to help people who had nothing,
and I learned that those who have something should
give to those who don’t.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw you take care
of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have
to take care of what we are given.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw how you
handled your responsibilities, even when you didn’t
feel good, and I learned that I would have to be
responsible when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw tears come
from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things
hurt, but it’s all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw that you
cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I learned most of
life’s lessons that I need to know to be a good and
productive person when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn’t looking I looked at you and
wanted to say, ‘Thanks for all the things I saw when
you thought I wasn’t looking.’
I AM SENDING THIS TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW
WHO DO SO MUCH FOR OTHERS,
BUT THINK THAT NO ONE EVER SEES.
LITTLE EYES SEE A LOT.
Each of us (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher, friend)
influences the life of a child.
September 9, 2009 in Uncategorized
I feel so chirpy 2day … tis my 99 month wedding anniversary & coincidentally its 09/09/09…lol
This post is to make up 4 da tears I invoked yesterday
Happy Midweek you all