May 14, 2013 in Uncategorized
My rather bright and funny 5 year old decided yesterday, while in the bath, to drink Dettol Handwash. She wanted to blow bubbles. Out of her mouth. And apparently she took around 5 mouthfuls of the stuff. I asked her whether or not it tasted horrible? Apparently it did. This didn’t stop her.
The poison center found it as funny as I did after I found out that thankfully there are no seriously toxic substances in the hand wash. But for the rest of last night I kept checking to see whether she was still breathing or possibly burping bubbles.
Now we just need to look for the bubbles when she farts.
PS this is probably the 3rd time I have been on the phone to the poison center for Talia. I’m getting better:
- The first time I was hysterical and sobbing and convinced my child was facing certain death (handyandy on a sponge that for some reason she decided to suck instead of use to clean the lipstick off the cupboard doors where she had drawn (age 4) (Note for self, when they say a suitable punishment for children is to clean their own mess, I don’t think they had Talia in mind).
- The second time I was sobbing and convinced my child would end up in hospital (she sucked the top of the furniture polish can that my maid had left on the floor (also age 4)).
- This time I was calm (after hubby came home and I had a bottle of wine) and am now convinced that Talia will need to be watched until she is 25. Drinking horrible tasting substances as an experiment somehow reminds me of my late teens and Sambuca. Don’t know why.